Friday, August 14, 2009

Dare Devil Birds

The other day I went to Braums to get the family a special after dinner treat. From where I live it takes me about 5mins to get there, one would think- not much time or distance to get into to trouble. One would be wrong. We have killer, kamakazi dare devil birds around here! Here's how it went down: I'm driving on western center going under hwy35 when this duo set of birds come hurling at my windshield! I am not kidding or exaggerating! I thought a huge rock had fallen off a truck from off the bridge or something, it was that loud! After I saw a feather I knew what had happened...did I mention I hate birds? The thing is, these birds were playing with fire; I mean come on this is a busy intersection- and I know that they know it's full of traffic. I'm almost certain these birds are local, I see them all the time at Kroger and Albertsons, they fly out out the trees in flocks after they hear a loud Harley drive near by; creeps me out every time! Ugh! Anyway, back to this pair of birds that nearly caused me to say bad words; after they grazed my glass I looked around for them. I thought they would be on the ground in my rear view mirror flapping their injured wings for help but nothing. The light was red so I had a chance to really search for these crazy air missiles and I think I spotted them on a land line wire/cable thing...I swear to you they were looking right at me! I saw them with their pointy heads staring in my direction, the windex commercial came to mind. The one where the crows laugh at the humans for running into a clean glass door...yeah that one. They must do this all day, look for a target and then attack..I'm telling you-it really shook me up. darn birds..

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2227/2041000653_48bb2acfd6.jpg?v=0

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHA...YES! I hated those darn birds when we lived over there! We lived off of Sandshell for a couple of years and those birds WERE CRAZY!

    Thanks for letting us hang out today! Liam is asleep!

    ReplyDelete