Friday, June 25, 2010

Irina Swimming!

Irina went to what I call "swimming boot camp" this past week, I was surprised how much she liked it. The instructor Kaleb, is my friends husband and him and his assistant, teach the classes out of Kalebs home. In Irina's class there were 4 kids total, her and another little boy were they youngest at 2yrs old. The classes are a bit pricey but WELL WORTH it to me, we have taken "mommy & me" swim classes in the past but never saw this much progress. I was so bummed that I had little memory left on my camera so I only have short clips to show yall. Craig took a long stream lined video with our actual camcorder but its too long to upload on here. Anyway, she did GREAT! Craig and I are SOO proud of her! I can tell she was proud of herself too, especially when everyone clapped. The whole week I dropped her off for an hour and went to the near by, kid to kid shop and to starbucks with another mom. She has learned to actually propel herself forward by pointing her arms and kicking her legs, she can hold her breath easily and can float on her back. I was very impressed with the other kids skills as well. The instructors are AWESOME! This short clip below is of Irina being taken to the bottom of the pool and picking up rings and a colored stick. She was SO PROUD of herself! Friday was the final day and the parents were all invited to watch their little fish!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh - I can't believe she went all the way to the bottom like that!! That's amazing! Those classes seem very worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much is it and where does he live? Cason does NOT like the water so I think the traditional kind of classes (like at Keller Pointe) would be a waste of money because he probably wouldn't even get in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. jaci: his name is kaleb and he lives in bedford. the classes are 1hr a day for 1 week and its $150 (unless he's changed prices). we have taken the "mommy and me" classes at keller point and we had fun but nothing really came out of them. this guy is awesome! im actually thinking of calling him to get her in this summer again- before i have baby #2. irina LOVED going!

    ReplyDelete