Friday, June 12, 2009

Sharing



Earlier this week at playgroup I was talking to some friends about my jogger stroller and how it jiggles too much for Irina's comfort while running in the mornings. My stroller is mainly meant to be used as a bike trailer so I really need to get one intended for runs. Our friend Chrissy generously offered to let us borrow her jogging stroller that was taking up space in her garage, she has a double jogger that she uses with her little girls and doesn't use the single anymore. Later that week I took a walk with Irina strapped to my back with my beco baby carrier (love it!) and we headed to Chrissy's house. Chrissy and I were chatting about cloth diapers while Elliott, Berkley and Irina gobbled up some orange push pops. On the way home we sported the stroller fully equipped with a toy steering wheel and cool sound effects; Irina loved it. In fact, we got home and she refused to get out! I took advantage of the whole situation; parked her in front of the tv with her sippy cup and she watched Baby Einstein for about 45 minutes! I was able to clean up the kitchen and have an uninterrupted bathroom break. It is a daily, if not hourly ritual that we talk to our kids about sharing their toys and other belongings, it was so great to see that quality in my friend. Thank Chrissy, E and B for sharing!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you love your Beco! We'll have to get together some time next week, missed you this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad she is enjoying it!
    -Chrissy

    ReplyDelete