Friday, June 12, 2009

The Girls





For those of you who don't know, I have to 2 nieces that were my babies before my baby. Abbie is 4 1/2 and Kimmie is 3 1/2...I have to add the 1/2 , they insist! My brother and his wife share custody of the girls and I make it a point for Irina to see them as much as possible. I have too many cousins to count (really, too many bout 45) and we grew up seeing each other on a daily or atleast weekly basis. I have so many fond memories of us at the park playing on the swings...I also recall my sister and my cousins pushing me off the swing and breaking my arm; but thats a another blog. This week the girls stayed in due to the weather and after much arguing, they finally decided on movie to watch. Toy Story II was in the DVD player, pillows were on the floor and they each had a cup of popcorn in hand, everything was ready to go. About 2 minutes into the movie Irina gets up and starts climbing all over the girls, stepping on toes, pulling on hair and eating snacks that she can't have yet (popcorn). Abbie watched the entire movie, Kimmie watched about 30 minutes and Irina caught a few seconds of a preview. Irina went to kiss all the stuffed animals her Tia has collected over the years. They sat still long enough for a photo and thats about it.

1 comment:

  1. How fun that Irina gets to spend so much time with her cousins. My kids love it that they live so close to their cousins and can see them often too, I think it's so important! Sounds like they had a good time "watching" the movie together!

    ReplyDelete