Thursday, November 12, 2009

North Carolina Trip

Last week Craig, Irina, Priscilla (my sis) and I went to NC to visit my MIL and FIL (step father in law but I love him no different). I was a bit worried about traveling with a toddler during flu season (both swine and seasonal) but we took some precautions prayed for the best. We decided to not buy Irina a seat on the plane and have her sit on our laps, we will have to pay for her when she turns two so we thought we would save the money now. Things worked out great because the row behind us was completely empty and they allowed us to set up her car seat free of charge. I am so proud of her, she was a terrific traveler! As we took off I gave her a dum-dum to keep her ears from popping, she watched her dvd and then fell asleep. We arrived in Charlotte and drove nearly 2 hours to my inlaws farm, the scenery was amazing. Over the next week we ate the best southern cooking, had shooting practice, kept up her horses, ate some more, made smores on a little bonfire, went shopping and SOO much more! We all had a great time! My inlaws gave me a horse a couple of years ago named Lady and they just gave one to Irina as well; his name is Lil' Man. He is smaller than most horses (14 hands tall, most are 16 hands tall) but he still seems huge to me! These are some out of order pics of us with the horses. Irina loves horses, I was very surprised because she is scared of most dogs. I will post more pics later. Irina did great flying back home, we had another free seat for her and she slept most of the way again.



fast asleep on the plane
watching a movie


she was scared at first
then fine after a few minutes!
feeding lady some yummy hay w/ tia pris
helping out on the farm!
mommy & irina after running around playing hide and seek

carrying hay to the horses to "feed up"


No comments:

Post a Comment