Thursday, April 9, 2009

1st Easter Egg Hunt


This first photo is of her buddy James reaching for her basket and Irina pretending to cry! I thought it was so funny!


WHOOP!


This past Wednesday my MOPS group from church organized an Easter egg hunt. This is Irina's second Easter but she was under 2mths old last year so I'm calling this her first. I am a complete hippie about things and I took it upon myself to make Irina a recycled basket for her eggs. I used and old egg carton and painted it the family's favorite color...maroon. I just used half and gave the other half to a Spurs fan with Spurs decor. I put some ribbon over the top for a handle and presto!-an earth friendly Easter egg basket that has 6 little nooks for each egg. Irina loves it and helped me put on the ribbon on the bottom and by "help" I mean eating the fabric glue. Craigs only negative comment was "why are we limiting the number of eggs she can get"? He said he always the enjoyed the competition of getting the most eggs...I quickly reminded him that she is 14mths and would probably eat the grass. She proved me wrong and ate some of the wood chips found near the slide and swings instead. She had a great time!

3 comments:

  1. How cute! I love her little easter basket too. I hadn't even thought to let B hunt for eggs since she's still crawling. But maybe I'll try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the pics. I'm so glad Irina had so much fun! Cute Easter basket, too!

    ReplyDelete